The Trustees of the Midwest Operating Engineers Welfare Fund are proudly partnered with Premise Health and Activate Healthcare (the Union Division of Everside Health) to open access to quality healthcare for all eligible active members and eligible retirees of the Retiree Welfare Plan (RWP), and their covered eligible dependents.
With the Premise Health partnership, Local 150 has built two state of the art medical facilities, Operators’ Health Center (OHC), to provide medical services to only eligible Local 150 members, retirees (including Medicare retirees), and covered dependents.
Effective April 1, 2021, we joined forces with Activate Healthcare to provide access to quality care for our Local 150 members, retirees (including Medicare retirees), and covered dependents. Activate Healthcare is currently operating 69 clinics across the country; these facilities are considered medical homes for multiple trades.
The OHC locations and the Activate Healthcare Family Medical Centers are what we refer to as the Local 150 Primary Medical Homes. The goal of our partnerships with Premise Health and Activate Healthcare (the Union Division of Everside Health) is to provide eligible members and their families with the opportunity to visit a Local 150 Primary Medical Home and make them your primary medical home. However, if you already have a primary care provider, you are not required to designate them as your primary care provider, you can still use these facilities.
All services covered under your health plan option are free if received at the OHC or at an Activate Healthcare Family Medical Center.
- Annual/School physicals
- Acute/Urgent Care
- Flu shots, immunizations, and vaccinations
- Allergy Management
- Clinical laboratory Services
- Disease/Condition management
- Patient Education
- On-site Physical Therapy: available at the Merrillville OHC only
- DOT Physicals: You must call ahead and schedule your appointment. If you are unable to keep you scheduled appointment, please call and reschedule or cancel your appointment. Do not be a no-show!
- On-site Pharmacy: Available at Activate Healthcare Family Medical Centers only. Prescriptions filled at the on-site pharmacy must be written by an Activate Healthcare provider.
- 24/7 Nurse Line After Hours Assistance: Offered by Activate Healthcare
Additional services COMING SOON to the Operators’ Health Center in Countryside, IL!!
- On-site Physical Therapy
- Behavior Health
Should we insert a disclaimer for finding a full list of services?
- Convenient, inviting, comfortable, healthcare setting that provides you and your family with comprehensive healthcare services
- Staffed and managed by the nation’s leading direct healthcare provider, Premise Health, follows the most stringent clinical guidelines, quality controls and ongoing training practices in healthcare delivery today
- Convenient hours, making it easy to obtain appointments and services without a long wait
- More one-on-one time with your providers
- Same- or next-day appointments that are convenient and secure
- Comprehensive care with qualified providers that involves service offerings for preventive care and routine checkups, wellness coaching, mental health screenings and support, urgent needs, chronic condition management, and much more
- Follow-up appointments to schedule in-person office visits (when necessary), send ePrescriptions, initiate lab work, or provide referrals
- National virtual care program through computer or mobile device (video or phone call) for 24/7 access from anywhere
For more information regarding the locations, hours of operations, and the medical providers, please click below to visit each health centers website.