On Monday, April 27th the William E. Dugan Training Center will begin offering members limited field training, by reservation only. There will be no classroom training or access to the inside of the Training Center, so we are able to offer this training while remaining in compliance with government mandates on physical gatherings and school closures.
Because we are only able to offer field training and will adhere to social distancing guidelines, training availability will be limited. Members must call ahead of time to reserve equipment – we recommend doing so several days in advance, as we expect slots to fill up very quickly. Phone reservations will open on Wednesday, April 22 at 7:00 a.m. for training starting on Monday, April 27th.
More details are below:
- Training will be limited to field equipment.
- Members must reserve equipment by phone. Call (815) 722-3201 starting at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 22. Please be patient. We expect extreme demand and will work to accommodate you as best we can.
- When you arrive for training, call (815) 722-3201 from the parking lot to notify Training Center staff that you’ve arrived and they will grant entry to members one at a time.
- All members are required to bring their own hard hats and safety vests and are strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves as well.
- All Training Center staff must wear masks.
- There will be no cafeteria service, and you must eat lunch in your vehicle in the parking lot.
- If you are feeling sick in any way, please do not come to the Training Center.
We are excited to offer training once again, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through entirely new procedures. Our staff is committed to providing the best experience and opportunity for you to train in a safe environment, and we look forward to welcoming you back.