The Apprenticeship Office for Local 150 Operating Engineers is opening applications for the trades of Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment Repair Technician, Geothermal Well Driller Operator, and Construction and Building Inspector.
Applications will be available at the following times and locations:
- OCTOBER 1 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 19800 W. South Arsenal Road, Wilmington, IL 60481
- OCTOBER 8 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 1050 NE Frontage Road, Joliet, IL 60431
- OCTOBER 8 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 4477 Linden Road, Rockford, IL 61109
- OCTOBER 15 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 28874 Route 120, Lakemoor, IL 60051
- OCTOBER 15 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 2193 W. 84th Place, Merrillville, IN 46410
- OCTOBER 22 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 740 E. US Highway 6, Utica, IL 61373
- OCTOBER 22 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 1001 N. Michigan Street, Lakeville, IN 46536
- OCTOBER 29 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 6200 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525
- OCTOBER 29 – 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. – 3511 78th Avenue West, Rock Island, IL 61201
- OCTOBER 5 – 26 – Wednesdays – 9:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. – All Locations
Selected applicants will be screened for substance abuse before acceptance. A $25 application fee per program will be required at the time of request in the form of a money order only, made payable to “Local 150 Apprenticeship Fund”. Please note: All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. The address on your driver’s license MUST MATCH the address on your application.
Minimum Qualifications for the program are as follows:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have graduated high school or obtained a GED. Applicant will provide high school transcript for evaluation purposes.
- Be a resident of the jurisdictional area of Local 150.
- A valid driver’s license and the maintenance of such are required at the time of selection and throughout apprenticeship.
- A statement from a licensed physician stating physical ability to perform the work of the trades will be required 30 days after being accepted into the program.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
Completed applications and all the following documents: Educational / Military Transcripts, Reference Letters, Birth Certificate, Proof of Previous Employment, and Prior Experience Questionnaire must be postmarked or returned to the Training Center: 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, IL 60481 no later than November 30, 2022.
Please note: The training site will be closed Nov. 24-26, 2022 in observance of Thanksgiving.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 815-722-3201 or visit our website at www.asiplocal150.org
Operating Engineers Local #150 Apprenticeship Fund will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40-years old or older.
Operating Engineers Local #150 Apprenticeship Fund will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.