The Apprenticeship Office for Local 150 Operating Engineers is opening applications for the trade of Heavy Equipment Operator in IUOE Local 150 District 6 only in the months of June and July 2022. (Elkhart, Fulton, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Marshall, Noble and St. Joseph Counties in Indiana)
Applications remain open for the trades of: Heavy Equipment Repair Technician, Geothermal Well Driller Operator, and Construction and Building Inspector.
Applications will be available at the following times and locations:
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS (District 6 Only)
- Applications will be available from June 1-July 31, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST Monday – Friday at 1001 N. Michigan Street, Lakeville, Indiana 46356
HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR TECH, GEOTHERMAL WELL DRILLER OPERATOR, AND CONSTRUCTION BUILDING INSPECTOR
- Applications are available year-round at the William E. Dugan Training Center or at any Local 150 District Hall from 10:00 a.m – 12:00 noon, Monday-Friday. Applications are available on Saturday at the Training Center. Addresses for District Halls and the Training Center are available here.
A $25 application fee per program will be required at the time of request in the form of a money order only, made payable to “Local 150 Apprenticeship Fund”.
Note: All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. The address on your driver’s license MUST MATCH the address on your application. Selected applicants will be screened for substance abuse before acceptance.
Minimum Qualifications for the program are as follows:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have graduated high school or obtained a GED. Applicant will provide high school transcript for evaluation purposes.
- Be a resident of the jurisdictional area of Local 150.
- A valid driver’s license and the maintenance of such are required at the time of selection and throughout apprenticeship.
- A statement from a licensed physician stating physical ability to perform the work of the trades will be required 30 days after being accepted into the program.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
Completed applications and all the following documents: Educational / Military Transcripts, Reference Letters, Birth Certificate, Proof of Previous Employment, and Prior Experience Questionnaire must be postmarked or returned to the Training Center: 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, IL 60481.
Note: Heavy Equipment Operator applications for District 6 will be evaluated as they come in, so we encourage applicants to submit applications and documents as quickly as possible.
Please note: The Training Center hours of operation will vary due to the holidays.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at 815-722-3201 or visit our website at www.asiplocal150.org
Operating Engineers Local #150 Apprenticeship Fund will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40-years old or older.
Operating Engineers Local #150 Apprenticeship Fund will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.