A recent article in the Chicago Tribune went through a list of more than 10 massive developments currently underway or in advanced planning stages in the City of Chicago that are valued at more than $1 billion.
Projects valued at $1 billion+:
- Wanda Vista Tower
- Cook COunty Hospital Redevelopment
- Michael Reese Hospital
- Grant Park Residential Towers
- 62-acre South Loop site redevelopment
- Finkl Steel facility
- Union Station
- Wolf Point Towers 2 & 3
- Twin Wacker Drive Office Towers
Projects valued at $500m-$1 billion:
- Wrigley Field Redevelopment
- Holy Name Cathedral site
- Willis Tower
- Old Main Post Office
- McCormick Place
- New Office Tower on Wacker Drive
This is an exciting indicator for work in the City of Chicago, which already saw more than 50 high-rises under construction earlier this year.
Read the Chicago Tribune story here.