The Apprenticeship Office for Local 150 Operating Engineers will be distributing applications for the trades of Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Equipment Repair Technician, Geothermal Well Driller, and Construction Material Inspector from November 1-November 27, 2019.
An application can be requested in person at one of our 9 offices during the scheduled dates and times listed below. A $25 application fee per program will be required at the time of request in the form of a money order only, made payable to “Local 150 Apprenticeship Fund.” Please note: All Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license. The address on your driver’s license MUST MATCH the address on your application.
Minimum Qualifications for the program are as follows:
- At least 18 years of age
- Must have graduated high school or obtained a GED. The applicant will provide a high school transcript for evaluation purposes.
- Be a resident of the geographic jurisdiction of Local 150. (view map)
- A valid driver’s license and the maintenance of such are required at the time of selection.
- A statement from a licensed physician stating physical ability to perform the work of the trades will be required 30 days after being indentured into the program.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Required to undergo drug testing.
Schedule of Dates, Times and Locations
- District 1: 6200 Joliet Rd., Countryside, IL 60525; Nov. 7th & 14th; 12pm-5pm
- District 2: 1050 N. I-55 E. Frontage Rd., Joliet, IL 60431; Nov. 8th & 22nd; 12pm-5pm
- District 3: 28874 Route 120, Lakemoor, IL 60050; Nov. 4th & 15th; 12pm-5pm
- District 4: 4477 Linden Rd., Rockford, IL 61109; Nov. 5th & 19th; 12pm-5pm
- District 5: 740 E. US Route 6, Utica, IL 61373; Nov. 11th & 25th; 12pm-5pm
- District 6: 1001 Michigan St., Lakeville, IN 46536; Nov. 6th & 20th; 12pm-5pm
- District 7: 2193 W. 84th Pl., Merrillville, IN 46410; Nov. 1st & 21st; 12pm-5pm
- District 8: 3511 78th Avenue West, Rock Island, IL 61201; Nov. 12th & 26th; 12pm-5pm
- Training Center: 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, IL 60481; Nov. 1-27 (excluding Sundays); 8am-3pm
Completed applications and all the following documents: Educational/Military Transcripts, Reference Letters, Birth Certificate, Proof of Previous Employment and Prior Experience Questionnaire must be mailed or returned to the Training Center at 19800 W. South Arsenal Rd., Wilmington, Illinois 60481 no later than December 31, 2019.
If you have any other questions, please contact us at (815) 722-3201 or visit our website at www.asiplocal150.org
Selection of apprentices under the programs shall be made from qualified applicants, based on qualifications alone, without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex or occupationally irrelevant physical requirements in accordance with objective standards which permit review, after full and fair opportunity for application. The programs shall be run on a completely non-discriminatory basis.