Training Center to Re-Open Monday, April 27 for Limited Field Training by Reservation Only
On Monday, April 27th the William E. Dugan Training Center will begin offering members limited field training, by reservation only. There will be no classroom training or access to the inside of the Training Center, so we are able to offer this training while remaining in compliance with government mandates on physical gatherings and school closures.
Because we are only able to offer field training and will adhere to social distancing guidelines, training availability will be limited. Members must call ahead of time to reserve equipment – we recommend doing so several days in advance, as we expect slots to fill up very quickly. Phone reservations will open on Wednesday, April 22 at 7:00 a.m. for training starting on Monday, April 27th.
More details are below:
- Training will be limited to field equipment.
- Members must reserve equipment by phone. Call (815) 722-3201 starting at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 22. Please be patient. We expect extreme demand and will work to accommodate you as best we can.
- When you arrive for training, call (815) 722-3201 from the parking lot to notify Training Center staff that you’ve arrived and they will grant entry to members one at a time.
- All members are required to bring their own hard hats and safety vests and are strongly encouraged to wear masks and gloves as well.
- All Training Center staff must wear masks.
- There will be no cafeteria service, and you must eat lunch in your vehicle in the parking lot.
- If you are feeling sick in any way, please do not come to the Training Center.
We are excited to offer training once again, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we work through entirely new procedures. Our staff is committed to providing the best experience and opportunity for you to train in a safe environment, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Local 150’s training center is situated on 300-plus acres in Wilmington, IL. The center boasts 342,000 square feet of space housing an indoor training area, almost 200 pieces of heavy equipment, 30 classrooms, construction material testing lab, state of the art welding facility, equipment simulator lab, a 200-seat auditorium, and much more. Instructors are available to members six days a week, Monday through Saturday, except holidays.
Local 150 offers four apprenticeship programs:
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Heavy Equipment Repair Technician
- Geothermal/Well Driller
- Construction Material Inspector (Field Inspector).
We are currently only accepting applications for Heavy Equipment Repair Technicians. To obtain an application, please go to any one of our District Halls with your valid driver’s license and a $25 money order to fill out a request for an application packet. See our FAQ for more information.
We will begin accepting applications for Heavy Equipment Operator, Geothermal/Well Driller and Construction Material Inspector (Field Inspector) during the Fall of 2020.