Reverse type 2 diabetes with Virta!
Virta is a medically supervised, research-backed treatment to reverse type 2 diabetes through nutritional ketosis without calorie-counting, surgery, or more medication. Virta’s treatment is done online, and patients are medically supervised as they lower A1c, eliminate diabetes medications, and lose weight.
The Midwest Operating Engineers Welfare Fund fully covers the cost of Virta for eligible active members, eligible retirees, or eligible covered dependents with type 2 diabetes.
Virta uses nutritional ketosis to naturally lower blood sugar and turn the body into a fat-burning machine. There is NO surgery, required exercise, or calorie counting on Virta.
With Virta’s personalized treatment plan, each patient gets medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies, educational tools like videos and recipes, and a private online support community.
Virta provides around-the-clock monitoring and care—there are no waiting rooms and no lines. With an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app, Virta can be done from anywhere.
Click here to get started on a life free from diabetes
Questions? Email [email protected]
Virta is available to eligible active members, eligible retirees, eligible covered dependents, and individuals covered under COBRA of the Midwest Operating Engineers Welfare Fund. This benefit is currently being offered to those between the ages of 18 and 79 with type 2 diabetes. There are some medical conditions that would exclude patients from the Virta treatment. Start the application process now to find out if you qualify.
The Virta treatment includes:
- Medical Supervision: a metabolic health specialist (doctor, nurse, physician assistant) who provides continuous medical supervision, check-ups, and safe medication reductions.
- Personal, 1-on-1 Health Coach: a nutrition and behavior expert who answers questions and helps you form better habits.
- Tools for Biomarker Feedback: supplies needed to measure blood glucose, ketones, weight, and more, which helps Virta personalize your treatment.
- Mobile and Desktop App: an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app for immediate access to care.
- On-Demand Resources: a structured online curriculum of videos and games, a library of guides, recipes, and food options for any dietary preference.
- Private Virta Community: a positive, moderated environment where you can connect with other Virta patients to find support and share tips.
- How Virta Works – Overview of the science behind Virta, an explanation of type 2 diabetes, and how Virta’s reversal treatment works
- A Day in the Life – Narrated by Virta’s Head of Clinical Education, see what patients experience as they go about a typical day while on the Virta treatment
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes with Virta Health – See what our patients say about the results that they have achieved in reversing type 2 diabetes through Virta