Affordable health care coverage today is a major concern for all of us, but as an active or retired member of the Midwest Operating Engineers Health and Welfare Fund, you and your family are covered.
You are able to enjoy a high level of benefits because of the cooperative efforts of the Trustees of the Midwest Operating Engineers Health and Welfare Fund. The Trustees include members of both the union and employer groups who work toward providing you with the highest quality of medical and pharmacy coverage.
Active members fall into two different categories which include hourly members or monthly members (owner/operator, municipality, landscaper). Each health plan option provides a range of benefits with in-network and out-of-network coverage/limitations. Its important for you and your eligible dependents to know which health plan option you have coverage under. If you have any questions, please contact Member Services at (708) 579-6600.
Be sure that you are utilizing the Welfare Funds preferred partners to receive additional discounts on services and ALWAYS be sure that you are utilizing an in-network provider. By following these simple rules, you will save additional money on medical/dental services.
All of our health plan options offer certain services that are FREE for eligible active members, retirees and dependents of Local 150:
- Eligible active members: Under the Affordable Care Act, there are certain preventive services that are covered at 100% of utilizing in-network providers. There is also certain preventive medication that are also covered at 100%. Click the Preventive Service Benefits tile at the top of the page for a complete list of free Preventive Services.
- The Countryside or Merrillville Operators’ Health Center Locations and Activate Health Centers: All plan-covered services are FREE!
- MinuteClinic locations in either a CVS or Target retail store: Most services are FREE. There are some cash pay services. Click here to view a list of MinuteClinic services.
- ATI Physical Therapy locations: Medically necessary physical or occupational therapy services are all FREE! ATI will coordinate with the Case Manager to ensure medical necessity in order to plan your course of treatment.
- ERS (Member Assistance Program) also provide up to five FREE counseling sessions with a master’s level clinician per episode. These sessions are strictly confidential. Please register on mylifeexpert.com (Company Code: moemap) where you will have access to a host of work/life resources including webinars. If you create an account on your mobile device, you can immediately download the mobile app to your home page.
You can change to any health plan option whenever you have an approved life changing event (such as marriage, divorce, death, birth, adoption, your eligible dependent gains/loses employment-based coverage, or you become eligible for state premium assistance, Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Program [CHIP] subsidies).
To report a life changing event, log into your My150 account, go to your QUICK LINKS, and click Need to add or remove a dependent? Once your life changing event has been approved, you will then click the CHANGE PLAN button shown on your homepage.
In accordance with Plan guidelines, LCE’s must be reported to the Fund Office including submission of all required documents within 90 days from the date of the event.
You can access the details of your health plan option by logging into your My150 account and click the VIEW PLAN DETAILS button on your current health plan tile. In addition, you can visit your My150 My LIBRARY tab and click the My HEALTH PLAN DOCUMENTS to access your health plan option Schedule of Benefits.
If you are an active eligible member of the Welfare Fund, the No Surprises Act could affect you depending on your medical services received on or after April 1, 2022. To learn more, click here.