IUOE Local 150
IUOE Local 150
MOE Benefit Funds
MOE Benefit Funds
Apprenticeship and Skill Improvement Program
Apprenticeship and Skill Improvement Program
Contractor Portal
Contractor Portal

If you would like to apply for any of the following benefits, you must contact the Midwest Operating Engineers Fringe Benefit Funds Retirement Services Group at (708) 579-6630 and request the appropriate application forms:

  • Normal Retirement Pension
  • Early Retirement Pension
  • Disability Pension (All Work Total Disability or Operating Engineer Total Disability)
  • Vested Pension

The Retirement Services Group will be happy to assist you with any information regarding the benefits under the Plan.

What should I do if I am contemplating Early or Normal Retirement?

If you are contemplating either an Early or Normal Retirement, you should start the process six months prior to your elected retirement Effective Date.

This six month time frame will allow you to :

  • Request an Application Packet – Please do your best to complete as much of the application packet prior to your scheduled appointment. The Pension Representative will not be able to complete the packet for you and cannot recommend which optional form of payment to select.  You should meet with a financial advisor, if necessary.
  • Receive an estimate from the Retirement Services Group
  • Meet with a Pension Representative to discuss your pension options and to confirm your eligibility for the Retiree Welfare Plan (RWP) – We strongly encourage you to call the Retirement Services Group at (708) 579-6630 to schedule an appointment.  If you do not schedule an appointment ahead of time, we ask your patience as you may be required to wait.
  • Discuss the monthly benefit options with your spouse
  • Gather copies of your indicative data information for you and your spouse:
    • Birth certificates
    • Social Security cards
    • Drivers licenses
    • Your marriage license
    • Divorce decree, property settlement agreement, Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), if applicable

I would like to apply for a Disability Pension, what should I do?

If you suffer an illness or injury and you are applying for a Disability Pension, you should apply for the Disability Pension as soon as possible. 

This will allow you time to:

  • Receive a pre-certification through the Fund’s Case Manager
  • Receive a Functional Capacity Exam, if necessary
  • Complete the Vocational Training Questionnaire, if necessary
  • If you are applying for an All Work Total Disability Pension, you must be granted a Social Security Disability Award letter from SSA