You may have seen on the news or read in recent media sources that thousands of employees at CVS Health Corp and Walgreens Boots Alliance’s U.S. pharmacies are planning walkouts in an attempt to get the companies to improve working conditions and recruit more people, among other issues. It has also been reported that Rite Aid is closing over 150 stores after filing for bankruptcy. Other retail chains including CVS and Walgreens have reported hundreds of store closures as well.
If your local network pharmacy is impacted by a walkout or by a permanent closure, you have options that ensure you do not have a gap in prescription drug therapy.
- You can utilize an alternative network pharmacy to fill your short-term medication
- To locate a network pharmacy, you can create/login to your account at com and utilize the pharmacy locator tool. Simply enter your zip code to find network pharmacies in your area or when you’re traveling.
- You can skip the pharmacy, and let the Optum Home Delivery pharmacy deliver your long-term medication to you
- Get your medications delivered right to your mailbox — with free standard shipping
- The copay structure is the same as at a retail pharmacy
- Order a 3-month supply on eligible prescriptions
If you have any questions or need assistance with locating alternative in-network pharmacies including Optum Home Delivery, please contact the OptumRx Customer Care Call Center at 855-697-9150. You can also contact the Fund Office Pharmacy Benefit Department at 708-937-1747.